Eris Property Group (Eris) has appointed a new Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Eris Property Group (Eris) has appointed a new Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Barend de Loor will assume his new role at the property development, investment and services group as of 1 September 2019, succeeding long-standing CEO of 15 years, Warren Schultze. Schultze will continue with Eris in an executive position with a focus on various strategic initiatives within the Group.
De Loor began his tenure with Eris in 1996, formerly serving as Development Director and Deputy Chief Executive Officer of the Group. He currently also serves as director of numerous property investment and development companies in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Lesotho, Ghana and Mauritius, giving him valuable insight into the workings and nuances of the rapidly-changing African property landscape.
Paying tribute to his predecessor, De Loor expressed his gratitude to be afforded the opportunity to take the reins from Schultze. "Warren has been an exemplary leader of our business, as CEO for 15 of his 30-year career, and I thank him for his immense contribution. He's built Eris into an exceptional business and is deeply invested in our people and systems."
The Eris operation spans 10 African countries, and De Loor plans to leverage the Eris network, skill and capital for the next phase of growth to the benefit of the staff, shareholders and other stakeholders. "I'm excited about the challenge that lies ahead," he says.
As a planned and natural career advancement, Schultze is confident in handing over the helm of the Eris Group to De Loor. "Barend is exceptionally well qualified with a distinguished career in all aspects of property development and investment. I know Eris is in good hands with him at the fore and wish him the best as he takes up his new tenure," says Schultze.
Eris Property Group is owned (73.75% held) by Momentum Metropolitan Holdings Limited (Momentum Metropolitan). The remaining (26.25%) is held by an Employee Trust and Management. Momentum Metropolitan is a South African based financial services group listed on the South African Stock Exchange, the JSE (JSE code:MTM).
Author: Eris Property Group